[3830] CWopsT KB5RF LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 2 10:17:07 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 2

Call: KB5RF
Operator(s): KB5RF
Station: KB5RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 1 hr

Total:  30  Mults = 30  Total Score = 900

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It was just one of those days. Got up, got out of bed, pulled a comb across my
head. Went out for a walk before sunrise and come upon a surprise. Man crawling
on all fours looking in pain, so we stopped to call 911 to help the scene. Got
back in the nick of time for coffee and bit of brekkie.

Got home just before 8 and fired up a borrowed amp for the first CWOPs. It's a
tube amp so I'm no so sure about it's operation. I noticed the spectral display
had roughly half the spots showing up and the audio level was way down so I
pulled that guy out of circuit. Clearly I didn't have it set up quite right. My
bad.

time was ticking ... and the QSOs were not coming.

So back to 100 watts on the Flex 6400 and it just performed like a horse pulling
up the rear of the race.

Another learning experience. Coffee was good and I'm chipper this morning.
Tom KB5RF