[3830] NA Sprint CW K9GY HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Sep 12 23:56:14 EDT 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31 (NY)
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5
Remote Operation

---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Burnt Ends

Comments:

Somehow ended up taking a short internet test today titled are you smarter than
a third grader. One of the questions related to SACAGAWEA so I thought that
would be cool to use in Sprint?! Didn't think that the "CA",
"GA", or "WeA" could be confused for THREE different states,
ugh! So not only juiced the name but the state too...Someday I'll figure this
out LOL!

Kinda rough with remote operation when I don't use it enough. Wanted to watch
Vegas versus Dallas (NHL) streaming on my ipad mini which was fine but that
degraded remote connection (Ugh Vegas went down 3-1 in series too!) Upload
speeds were around 32 Mbps and download about 44 Mbps using Verizon Fios
(fiber).

Funny to hear my 9-land buddies loud and readable but then I'm remote from NY,
DOY! Apartment overlooks parking lot area so some QRM from people in lot etc.

Used Remote Ham Radio (W2/Quaker) Flex and 500 watts
(humm it has a full size 80m vertical...nice!)

What's Your Warrior?
https://www.goarmy.com/

Victory Starts Here!
https://www.tradoc.army.mil/