[3830] NA Sprint CW AD6E HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 00:08:28 EDT 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: AD6E
Operator(s): AD6E
Station: AD6E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #3

Comments:

Wow!  I'm out of practice!
Started late and rough. 20 had really poor propagation plus I'm just not in the
groove. It's been too long since last time. 40 perked up and I sort of got in
the groove, started making doublets. Then 80 :-(  80 usually sucks so I wasn't
surprised. S7 QRN doesn't help. After 5 QSOs I realized the computer was logging
all contacts as 3500 instead of actual frequency. I manually changed some as
best I remember them. RS232 to the K3 was hosed. Played with a big ferrite bead
in a couple of places before things settled down with the ferrite on the USB hub
cable. Nothing else worked. So, limited time on 80.

Overall, fun game from the home QTH in CA