[3830] NA Sprint CW WF7T LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 00:26:04 EDT 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

   80:  65        1
---------------------
Total:  65     Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,950

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Chatted with friends today, and many of them said they were going to be in the
Sprint. I was committed to spend time with my wife, and although I managed
internally a pang of loss and minor envy, but in my heart wished them well.

I remember when I used to play in the Sprints. Ah memories.

While mowing the lawn, racing rain clouds, I thought of how B.A.D. I was in the
Sprints and Thursday night NS, but how I also had fun. I also remember that
running LP in Sprints was akin to riding a bicycle in the fast lane of the
freeway, so I was resigned to stay happily doing my neighborly chore of mowing
grass, then spending the quiet evening hour with my wife and our new dog Jack
the eighty pound shepherd hound.

And that is how the night unfolded. That is, until my bride said to me,
"Why not try your hand in whatever time is left in the Sprint?" I
replied, "Really?" to which she gave me a look. Not the wife-eye, but
the "go" look.

So I caught the last hour. Found a macro file from 2015 (last time I was in a
Sprint?) and jumped onto 80M.

I made a fool of myself to my peers, being so rusty, but I tried my best to NOT
be that LID, or at least not mess up the sequence too bad. There were more than
a few couplets and THAT felt great. My apologies for my gaffs, my QLF, my
miscues, and ever so much appreciation for the Qs.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville TN
---
IC7600 at 100W