[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 07:21:24 EDT 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX

---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Gang of Five

Comments:

Another four hour blitz. It was a long day leading up to it, and I was totally
spent when the Sprint was over. Conditions seemed really good. Twenty stayed
open longer than usual (maybe it's that activity keeps a band open... ) but all
three bands were good. I kept hammering CQs on 20 and on 40 at the end when
neither were the primary run band, and it paid off with a handful of
onsey-twosey contacts but they added up ... slowly. "Never give up on a
band" is a good axiom. Lucked into two low number mults by tuning .. they
did not answer my CQs ... a ZF2 and a VE4. Did get KH6 (two) on 20 meters by
CQing a lot. I usually do poorly on mults. Maybe this is a good year.

Congrats to the great ops in this. The usual suspects, I suppose but wow! K5GN
was way behind me at the start but he came on strong and was nearly the same at
the end .. very impressive. Hope my accuracy holds up ... sent a lot of ?s  for
numbers. Thanks to all for the wonderful activity. My Thursday night NS activity
sure does help  with the practice for the Big Sprint.

73, Jim N3BB