[3830] ARRL Sep VHF AB5SS/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 13:23:19 EDT 2020

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2020

Call: AB5SS/R
Operator(s): AB5SS W9TWJ
Station: AB5SS/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  29     20  Total Score = 780

AB5SS loaded up his car and invited me to come along for my first roving
contest. It was a lot of fun as we activated 4 grids (EL19, EM10, EM20, EL29)
with 4 bands available (6m, 2m, 70cm, 23cm). We operated for about 9.5 hours
with 2 pit stops to refuel and get some food. We returned to the Houston area
around 0230z. We were only able to rove on Saturday due to prior commitments but
next time hopefully the entire weekend will be free. It was great to get out,
operate, and hand out a few grids to stations!

73 de W9TWJ