[3830] WAE SSB K5WA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 14:58:43 EDT 2020

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas

   80:   24     5    60
   40:  153   169   105
   20:  186   180    70
   15:    0     0     0
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  363   354   235  Total Score = 168,495

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It's always tought to sit and listen to KC1XX and VY2ZM running EU long and hard
and 60% of those signals don't ever seem to get to south Texas.  At least WAE
had more activity here than I saw in AA last weekend.

Had a few equipment issue that I'll need to fix but fortunately got to leave the
antennas pointed NE all weekend so blowing up a rotator control didn't hurt too
bad.

Tried a 15M several times and could only hear a minor peep from EU occassionally
but not enough to get a call.  Sounds like PY, CX and KP4 had some good
conditions to EU.

I'm about to pop waiting on a new K4HD (or whatever part they can get out the
door) to ship so I can finalize my remote station and not have to drive to the
station for a contest.  That will be nice.  Hope the fires and COVID give
Elecraft a break so they can get back to normal business soon.  Bet they can't
wait either.

Thanks for the Qs!

73,
Bob K5WA