[3830] AlQP AJ6T SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 17:50:45 EDT 2020

                    Alabama QSO Party - 2020

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4:09

  160:
   80:   11      1
   40:   17     10
--------------------
Total:   28     11  CW Mults = 16  Ph Mults = 8  Total Score = 2,272

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

As expected, the skip distance from Tennessee was a problem for me.
I could hear some Alabama stations backscatter on 20 meters but there
was no hope of raising anybody on that band with my 100 watts and dipole.
Skip was even too long on 40 meters, so I worked mostly South Alabama
before finally making some Qs into North Alabama.  I setup my K3 for
SO2V operation and hopefully that will become more useful after
additional practice.  I wish more stations had made use of the ACG
spotting page, and I wish AQP was not on the same weekend as
the September VHF Contest.  It was nice to run into some old friends from
my days in Alabama.
73, Walt, AJ6T Clarksville, TN