[3830] WAE SSB VA2EW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 21:16:09 EDT 2020

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VA2EW
Station: VA2EW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montreal (QC)

   80:   27     0    21
   40:  169   181    36
   20:  396   411    45
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------------
Total:  592   592   282  Total Score = 333,888

Propagation was way different from last year. The first day was terrible in LP
on 20/40 at a point that I made more Q's the second day than the first one.
The result is 200 Q's below last year.
I have observed a clear correlation between K index climbing and run rates
decreasing. Around K=3 running was impossible in LP while I could still listen
my HP neighbors continuing to have answers to their CQ's. So there is like a
threshold in the power needed to run versus K index here in Montreal.
An other interesting topic,  I made about 600 q's for about 2000 QTC requests...
May be if the HP guys leaved me some room to run I could have provided them more
QTC's...

Anyway, thanks for your calls and your patience sometimes with the repeats.
73, Gilles VA2EW