[3830] TxQP K5DX Multi-Op Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 21:17:07 EDT 2020

                    Texas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K5DX
Operator(s): K5GQ NM5G
Station: K5DX

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: Rover

   40:  200      8      0
   20:  744     38      0
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  944     46      0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 218,984

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Rig Kenwood TS-480HX
Antenna: Little Tarheel HP with TARGETuner
Logger: N1MM+ running on Dell Latitude E7450 (core I7, touch screen)
CW Keyer: K1EL WKmini

Great conditions both days.  Had a blast.  There were huge pileups on CW at
times.  I did the driving and phone contacts.  Mark K5GQ did all of the CW
contacts.  He had some difficulty at first, but settled in during the event,
especially dealing with huge pileups.  The most memorable event was Sunday at
the county line of Fayette and Lavaca, just south of I10 on Texas highway 95.
He decided to give out both counties, and this created a spectacular pileup than
was basically unworkable.  I talked him into changing to giving out only one
county (FAYE), and he was able to work down the pileup.  But, the excitement of
hearing that pileup was unforgetable.  I have been on many DXpeditions and have
never heard pileups this big!  Another great moment was also Sunday heading
north on Texas 36 just south of Brenham, when we reached Washington county.  We
had only 7 minutes left to work WASH, and we wanted to get at least 5 contacts
for the bonus points.  Well, Mark worked another huge pileup and he got 16
contacts.

Keith NM5G