[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3YDX SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 14 11:22:41 EDT 2020

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2020

Call: K3YDX
Operator(s): K3YDX
Station: K3YDX

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: NC FM05

    6:  21     10
    2:  20      8
  222:
  432:   4      3
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  45     21  Total Score = 1,029

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For me, VHF contests are always a surprise and more of an opportunity to say
hello via a QSO with many of the localized amateurs I know rather than a major
push to maximize score.  Typically September VHF is tough for my minimalist
station but always fun,  This year I was happy to work a number of hams from my
old QTH area in MD and VA via FT8 who I have often seen on screen in the past
but not been able to QSO.  This year 2 meters provided the right conditions to
make that path.
I wasn't going to put in much of an effort this year so I only used the 6 meter
dipole at about 15 feet on the house deck and then got the 5 element 2 and 432
yagi and hung it from the pergola on the deck pointed NNE.  Both antennas were
fed with 100 feet of RG-8x.  Shameful I know!!  But it worked.
I tried checking SSB and CW at the top of the hour especially to work K3ZO but
never made the connection.  Next time!!
73 and thanks for the Q's.
Hank
K3YDX