[3830] TxQP K3WJV SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 14 15:52:37 EDT 2020

                    Texas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: PA

  160:
   80:   17      1
   40:   75     10
   20:  162     20
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  254     31      0  Mults = 133  Total Score = 119,592

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I know there are often conflicts with other contests but for me this was a
juggling act between 4 contests on Saturday and just 2 on Sunday.  Looking at
the county lists of the mobiles I missed a bunch.  I didn't count all of them
but just AD4EB & N5NA I missed them in 28 counties.  Not sure how many would
be new mults but surely there are some.  Could have been when I was in the other
tests or just too many to try and work and missed them in some counties.  Of
course there is the propagation factor as always between here and TX.  Once it
gets around 1pm 40m can be tough to hear stns esp those LP mobiles, hi.  I spent
time trying to time their sig peaks to hear if they came back to me but I thrive
on weak signal work.

Most noted mobile Q totals were AD4EB-50, K5CM-23, N5NA-18, K5DX-16, and
AF5Q-12.  The pileups were incredible esp in the last 10 minutes Sunday.  I
missed 3 mults not being able to break them.  All in all I had tons of fun.  I
just wish I could have had those 13 hours of missed time due to swapping to the
other contests.  I was an hour late on start time on Saturday which probably
hurt judging from how active things were when I did get started. Will see if I
can improve on that juggling act next year.

I didn't realize there was a spotting page, hi, that always seems to happen to
me, not finding out until after the contests.  Would have made things even
tougher though if I was in one of the other tests and saw spots for new
counties.  I did no running in any of the 4 contests I was in.  I also didn't
spend a lot of time up on ssb.  Too much action down on cw which was fine with
me.

Tnx for a great QP and mucho tnx to the rover/mobiles.  Glad I was able to bust
most of the pileups.  My score includes 10,000 bonus points tnx to all those
great mobiles.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger