[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W5PR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 15 14:23:08 EDT 2020

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2020

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  85     39
    2:   6      1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  91     40  Total Score = 3,640

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

We just did not have the propagation.  I tried MS for the first time in a
contest. It can be slow, but almost every contact was a multiplier. Overslept
Sunday morning, so didn't get much MS then. Almost all the contacts on Sunday
were MSK144. Very little propagation. Could not work out of the EL and EM grid
fields. I'm amazed at the difference in propagation for the midwest and east
coast. The 2m contacts were locals on FM simplex. One of these days I'll get the
2m antenna back up.