[3830] NA Sprint RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 20 13:21:48 EDT 2020

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - September

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 3:33
Remote Operation

   80:  29     0:50
   40:  39     1:10
   20:  22     1:30
---------------------
Total:  90     Mults = 27  Total Score = 2,430

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Comments:

This was one VERY STRANGE NA Sprint RTTY GiG, run remotely from NX6T in
Fallbrook.
While working the QSO parties throughout the afternoon, all number of hardware
anomalies kept popping up.  By 00:00z they were largely behind me, however
WHERE were the RTTY players?  I purposely ran high power - a K3 into an Expert
2-K amp dialed back to about 580 watts keeping the shack cool; after all it is
largely a domestic contest.  Imagine my surprise when F1AKK called in louder
than the NA stations.  Pointing the C-31 and Shorty-40 yagis to approximately
29-degrees was enough to snag a little bit of everywhere.
Look for a writeup on this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com