[3830] IaQP K0PC SO Mobile/Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 22 15:08:32 EDT 2020

                    Iowa QSO Party - 2020

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: SO Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: IA

----------------------------
Total:  682     0       0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 88,660

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Well, it was a pretty day to be out for a drive in Iowa. I haven't run the IAQP
in several years due to the change of date. I still liked it when it coincided
with ILQP on one weekend in Oct. But it was fun to be back in the area I grew up
and hand out a few counties.

I had plans to operate a 29 county route but Murphy had other ideas. I got
through the first 7 hours and 15 counties but a problem developed with my USB
hub. It was intermittent during my last hour and then died completely. I guess I
shouldn't have counted on a 15 year old device that I got for free! Without the
USB hub my only remaining option would have been to send everything by hand and
that wasn't going to work. So I packed it in and made the 5 hour drive home.

I thought most of the first seven hours were great. I averaged almost 100
QSOs/hr even with the USB problems and a stop for gas & lunch. My best 60
minutes was 126 QSOs. This is the first QSO Party in a long time where 40M &
20M were comparable for rate. I had an almost 50:50 split on those two bands, I
never made it to 80M.

Thanks to everyone who rode along with me and put up with both my mobile fist
and USB keying problems. Thanks also to the Story County ARC for sponsoring the
event.

73, Pat KØPC