[3830] 144FallSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 23 21:40:37 EDT 2020

                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

After driving back to the home QTH from Manistique, MI, where I had operated in
the 10 GHz contest 2nd weekend along the "top" of Lake Michigan (EN76,
EN75 and EN65), I was a bit tired.

I still had the vehicle I'd rented for the weekend (NOT the CoROVERolla) with my
radio and a magmount vertical...so I was 'vertically challenged'.

The only activity I found was from a local station, KO9A, and from N9LB up near
Madison, WI, BUT I managed to complete contacts with both of them from all four
grids I visited. Both stations were in EN52 even though they were 140 km apart
from each other, so not so good for Multipliers...oh, well.

Was I the ONLY Rover out for this Sprint? It appears that I am going to be the
first to post a score report to 3830scores.com.

Thanks to all who were on and to Bruce, NT4RT, and the Southeast VHF Society for
their continued management and sponsorship of the Fall Sprint series.

73, JK