[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7CD SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 27 20:23:23 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: W7CD
Operator(s): W7CD
Station: W7CD

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   86       29      10     9
   40:  141       30      27    16
   20:  529       47      84    34
   15:   41        8      17    12
   10:    9        3       5     4
------------------------------------
Total:  806      117     143    75  Total Score = 500,825

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I want to thank WS7I and K7TQ for showing me N1MM RTTY macros, the use of
multiple decoders, and consolidating the important windows on a single screen in
a multi-screen shack.  I'd been ignorant of the power of spotting with N1MM's
'Available Mults' window which takes the Search out of S&P.  Now I can keep
the mouse in my right hand, the keyboard macros in the left, and keep up a high
rate.

The solar storm arrived in the middle of Friday night, but I still found short
periods where EU would come through.  15m to SA on Sat afternoon yielded nothing
but a huge bunch of multipliers out of just a dozen or so Q's.  Feasted on
Pacific Q's all night long with Saturday PM 20/40m runs. Sunday morning greyline
was marvelous.

Learning to maximize the computer tools made this RTTY op fun.