[3830] CQ WW RTTY N4CF SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 27 20:35:06 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: N4CF
Operator(s): N4CF
Station: N4CF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:05

   80:   48      22       9     6
   40:   88      27      21     7
   20:   86      24      30    12
   15:   12       1      10     8
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  234      74      70    33  Total Score = 71,331

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A most interesting weekend! Late Friday, a tree whose limbs had grown to
interfere with my Carolina Windom antenna took a fall for the cause, and the
antenna now tunes as before. I stepped through all the bands to train the KPA500
tuner, and all was well.

Until I got on 40M. Signals and even the background noise were waaaay down. I
could hear a few stations, and was able to work them, so I knew the antenna was
working. I double-checked all the settings on the K3s, and finally notice the RX
ANT button is right below the TUNE button I'd used train the ATU. The receive
antenna was switched to an empty SO-239! Once I switched it back to the main
jack, the signals really jumped up.

I put in limited time this year, thanks to the antenna issues, visitors, and
other distractions. All S&P unassisted.