[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ2CJ(IT9RGY) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 28 16:17:04 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: IQ2CJ
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IK2YCW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

   80:  607       27      64    17
   40:  992       42      97    28
   20: 1129       50      99    31
   15:  173        0      63    15
   10:   31        0      18     7
------------------------------------
Total: 2932      119     341    98  Total Score = 3,816,720

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

I couldn't image such a nice start of the contest season!
After weeks of analysis and planning I was there ready to take 5hrs nap before
the 2 AM local time.

It was so windy on Friday that all yagis where on the ground and just some
minute before the contest the 3L+2L beams raised full height.
The prop was good on 40 and 80 with reasonable rates. During the first day it
was 20m + some try on 15 and 10 that where almost closed all the time.
20m where so crowded that even on 14150 there where someone doing rtty. In the
time computers are ft8-connected is amazing, isn't it?

Second night was less fun but still good so a 20min nap was a must to avoid the
issues occured in 2018. Early in morning something happen anyway - no clear
eyesight - so another 20min break.

During Sunday SN7Q was pushing so hard that I felt I'd loose the first place on
cqcontest. Guys, this tool is the future and really makes you motivated until
the last second.

Highlights:
- no US on 15-10. WW4LL was strong on 15m to TI2OY pileup so I tried some run
with no luck
- 3V8SS, EA4GOY, EI7KD, GW0A, IT9RBW, LZ8E you are my 6 bands ;)
- 759 NA, 231 AS
- VU2GRM and YB0NSI on my CQ on 80m

It was a true joy from the begininng playing with Claudio's flawless station.
Thanks for hosting me fixing the issues on the go! Thanks to ARI Cinisello who
let me use their famous IQ2CJ callsign.