[3830] 222FallSprnt N8RA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 30 15:21:29 EDT 2020

                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: N8RA
Operator(s): N8RA
Station: N8RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN31tl

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This sprint was a good opportunity to dust off the cobwebs in the shack and my
brain. Been away a while and had not prepped well for this. Everything
“seemed” to be working when turned on the day before, but I had not tested
the transmitter. Of course, Murphy took this opportunity to mess with the K3
transverter interface. At the start of the contest, I had no power out of the
transverter and frantically removed and reinserted cables, swapped some out,
reset the logging program, etc. after about a half hour, transmit started to
work intermittently, and 15 minutes after that, everything was working FB again.
I believe the issue is in the K3 interface board relays- they had not been
exercised in a while.  Further investigation will be needed.

With this late start, I only spent about an hour and enjoyed a whopping 15
contacts in 8 grids. Short, but fun. Best DX 330 miles.

Setup: K3, Elecraft XV222, 6154 amp at 100w, M2 10el at 70’.