[3830] 222FallSprnt WW2Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 30 21:08:11 EDT 2020

                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: WW2Y
Operator(s): WW2Y
Station: WW2Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN20

Thanks to Dave, W2KV for letting me setup and operate my portable station parked
next to his front lawn to operate the 222Mhz sprint. Thanks goes to SEVHF
Society for sponsoring the event.

Equipment used: FT-991, DEMI transverter, Henry 2002A 222 Mhz KW amplifier,
G450A rotator, and Honda EU2200i generator.  M2 10 el beam for a antenna at 80ft
hung in between trees by ropes and pulleys.

Decided to operate inside the car running a KW to see what's like being in that
kind of environment. It was cramped and stuffy. I had to open the rear cable
entry window every once in a while to vent while it was pouring heavy rain
outside for a good portion of the evening.  I guess it's the closest thing to
being a rover, maybe next time. I came home soaking wet and tired, but it was
worth the experience. I had fun and learned and confirmed a few things along the
way.

73,
 Peter WW2Y