[3830] WPX SSB VK2CZ SOSB20 Unassisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 1 05:18:25 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOSB20 HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

The 20m band never fully closed in this event, as it was always possible to hear
somebody calling CQ in often unpredictable directions. You can imaging the
continuing surprise at working stations with real world 3x1 reports, and then
missing out on stations that are 10 over 9.  Having operated just one contest in
mainland USA, the level of QRM compared to what we hear in Oceania borders on
demoralizing.  So understanding why the 10 over 9 stations cannot hear me
(sometimes) make sense.

Some really great surprises working my favorite guy's from Trondheim as JW2, (my
daughter lives in Trondheim) a bunch of impossible PY stations, and a low power
VE3.. First time a VE9 has ever graced my receiver too..  but impossible to
work.  In summary, some great 20m receiving conditions at my super low noise
QTH..

Regards, David Burger VK2CZ