[3830] NA Sprint SSB VE9AA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 4 00:06:34 EDT 2021

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NB

   80:   75       2
   40:   87       1
   20:   47       1
---------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Mr. Man...that was tough sleddin', I'm tellin you what.

I normally do 1 radio and 2 band changes, but decided I'd try SO2R in a Spring
to see if I coujld heat up the grey matter and the smoke was comin' out my ears
I know it.

I was gonna try to keep a radio on 40m the entire contest.  I have never done
S&P/S&P in a cr at zy Sprint before.  Bent my brain and in the end, no more
score than usual !

Activity seemed light and there were several other contests going on.  The SP's
were generally louder than most USA stn's off the back of the array on 40m and
20m stayed up for a couple hours, though signals were all very very weak.

Only worked a small handful of W1's (though I heard several loud ones in the
other contests.) One guy in Maine and Randy K5ZD

Thanks for all the Q's...it was great !
CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada

(when I\'m SO2R)

2 X Icom IC-7410 and an assortment of arboreal based flexible antennas;

10m - Wire Gnd Plane, raised radials

15m - 5-el wire SVDA or Delta Loop

20m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)  or Delta Loop

40m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

80m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

160m - Wire Inverted L (more like an inverted U or J) (raised radials)

When operating SO2R, a ZS6BKW @ 35feet w/15m add-on dple, only used for
radio 2