[3830] NDQP K0JP Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 11 16:57:42 EDT 2021

                    North Dakota QSO Party - 2021

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: North Dakota

   40:   39      4      0
   20:  167     26      0
    2:    0      2      0
----------------------------
Total:  206     32      0  Mults = 41  Total Score = 9,758

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Saturday was a tough day. I tried to operate from the back seat of our 2002
Chevy Blazer and have never been so uncomfortable. Apologies for the many QLFs
but sending manually was very difficult. Sunday I switched to the passenger
front seat and things went much more smoothly. This was a far better result than
my last attempt at NDQP mobile!

I never got any traction on SSB and found I couldn't maintain a run frequency.
As a result I operated mostly CW and had several very nice runs on 20. At least
seven stations were worked in all three counties activated (CAV, PBA, and WLH)
with quite a few more worked in two counties. Some DX was worked including
DL3DXX twice and OM2VL twice. I think I missed an opportunity to work OM2VL
Saturday thinking I was being called by W7OM when it was actually Laci. Sorry
about that. I also worked DK2OY. The weirdest DX was an EA QSO. I thought I was
called by W1VE and waa excited to get the VT mult but it turned out Gerry was
operating remote from EA! After I finally got his full call we made the Q.

Aside from two Qs on 2-meter FM I never even heard another ND station primarily
because when I was on I found no activity on 80-meters and 40 and 20 were both
way too long. There was good activity from GA but NE and NM Qs were hard to
find. I thought I would never work KS with W0BH mobile in NE but I'm glad Bob
was there to hand out four Qs and four mults! I chanced onto a loud AK station
who was S&P. When he finished his QSO I threw out "Will the Alaska
station go up 5, please"! He did and we made the contact.

All in all it was fun but, like I said before, I am embarrassed by my poor CW
performance Saturday. If able to participate I will do better next year. Thatnks
for all the Qs!