[3830] GaQP K4YJJ Single OpSSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 13 14:18:40 EDT 2021

                    Georgia QSO Party - 2021

Call: K4YJJ
Operator(s): K4YJJ
Station: K4YJJ

Class: Single OpSSB HP
QTH: GA FULT

   40:         198
   20:          98
--------------------
Total:   0     296  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 48  Total Score = 14,208

Club: North Fulton Amateur Radio League

Comments:

Rig:      Elecraft K3, KAT500, KPA500
Antenna:  “Merkel / Norris” implementation of the Serge Stroobandt, ON4AA
designed 136' Off Center Fed dipole (oriented N/S) & 40/20 Meter End Loaded
Dipole (oriented E/W)
Logger:   N3FJP

GQP was the first contest outing for my edition of the OCFD so I did not know
what to expect.  It performed like a champ all weekend and 99% of my contacts
were with it.  I used the 40/20 several times for stations where its E/W
orientation gave it an advantage.

I got off to a slow start Saturday; started in run mode but made few contacts so
shifted to S&P to see if I could figure out patterns.  Shifted back to run
mode late afternoon and my Q rate jumped significantly due to pile ups until I
quit for dinner.  After dinner Saturday & most of Sunday (with the exception
of about a half hour of pile ups at mid-day) were slow.

Good experience — learned a lot — had fun!!