[3830] 222SprngSprnt VE3WY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 14 09:10:39 EDT 2021

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: VE3WY
Operator(s): VE3WY
Station: VE3WY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN04

Club: OVHFA

Comments:

A mix of FM, SSB, and CW with no digital for this contest.  My first time using
FM on this band.

  I heard a lot of local stations but 50W on SSB and on FM did not cut it.
Seemed to be a lot of one-way propagation which was very frustrating.

  A couple of strong local stations kept hopping around the band which caused
interference to the weaker stations I was trying to work.

   Best dx was N2SLN/2 in FN22.  Heard K1WHS in FN43 on CW but could not get his
attention.

   Looks like I need to add some vertically polarized yagis plus get more power
on transmit.

  Nice to hear activity on this band.