[3830] MiQP K3WJV M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 18 12:03:46 EDT 2021

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2021

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EPA

   80:   46     43
   40:   62     38
--------------------
Total:  109     81  CW Mults = 45  Ph Mults = 38  Total Score = 24,817

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Single op assisted score per the rules.  I didn't intend to enter as M/S but
just like last year I didn't read the rules until a few hours after starting.  I
said I'd remember this year - HA.  Hopefully next year I will turn off telnet
and tune around which I have always enjoyed anyway.  A lot of the ssb Q's were
made while tuning as spots on ssb are somewhat rare.  Also tuned cw a lot as
some ops weren't getting spotted all the time.

Managed to get one guy to hear me on 20 as propagation was not working for the
distance involved.  Copied a few signals but only one came back to me.  Serial
number would have been tough anyway.  Not sure why but missed a lot of the
counties that the mobiles advertised but I never heard.  Only had 10 Q's with
NE9U and even worse was W8UE with only 3 Q's. As always with going mixed mode is
 enjoying bumping into a few of the regular cw guys on ssb.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger