[3830] KRC SST KG5U Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 18 21:07:57 EDT 2021

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Apr 19

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   40:  42     18
   20:  14     11
-------------------
Total:  56     29  Total Score = 1,624

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

I would like to state for the record that I understand completely if anyone who
heard me on the air tonight thinks I should learn how to use a paddle before
getting on the air with it. I don't know what happened to cause my paddling to
go so erratic--frankly, I blame it on the afternoon spent pulling weeds, but
that's another story--Please believe me when I say I am very sorry to take up
band space with my poor keying tonight. I promise it won't happen again. In
spite of it all, I had a great time tonight and hope you did, too. Band
conditions were great: 20 was open until about 0030z, then I moved down to 40m.
BIG signals all over the place--I'm going to recommend to the CWops CWT
organizers to consider moving the 03z CWT to 00z. Wow. I was hearing stations
599 who, in the CWTs are usually accompanied by backscatter. What a difference
in a few hours. Many thanks for the QSOs and I look forward to our next meeting
on the air.

73,
dale, kg5u

Station:
Xcvr: Elecraft K3S, 100w
Antennas: 10-20m: AV-640, gnd mtd; 40m: Inv vee at 70ft; 80m: Inv vee at 70ft
Software: N1MM Logger+
Paddles: Kent iambic