[3830] 432SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 21 23:08:42 EDT 2021

                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2021

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

Freezing rain followed by snow in the morning made me wonder whether I would be
able to do the sprint. The dusting melted mid-day, but rain/snow/sleet/rain were
all predicted for the evening. I went to my backup hilltop since the main one is
still off limits due to construction. It was tough getting the feedlines and
phasing lines on the stacked pair of 15-el Yagis--here it is one month into
spring and I'm back to wearing the winter coat, hat, hood, and gloves, and
putting the wind to my back to help avoid the northwest winds. Thankfully when
the rear doors were open on the van, they helped block the wind. Decided to use
a shorter mast for quicker tear-down time. Had sleet hitting the metal roof of
the van at one point, and wind rocking it sideways. Made only one contact in the
2nd hour, so that, combined with the wx forecast looking bad for the rest of the
night, and the low tire pressure light coming on, I decided it was time to pull
the plug. Got home and the temperature was 23 F.