[3830] CWopsT N7DX(@K7RL) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 22 01:07:00 EDT 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Apr 22

Call: N7DX
Operator(s): N7DX
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CAMANO ISLAND, WA
Operating Time (hrs): :50
Remote Operation

Total:  108  Mults = 108  Total Score = 11,664

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

What a hoot/comedy of remote-operation glitches. First, my N1MM got into that
endless loop of "corrupt database" error cycles I see
not-infrequently. Fortunately, I have a backup of the database just for such
occasions so got that fixed.  Then I couldn't connect to the remote site.  Only
got that resolved right as the contest was starting--at which point N1MM needed
reentry of all my station data (from scratch).  I then hurriedly set up a
contest log--and chose the wrong CW macro file (close, but also sending RST).
Got up-and-running about 5 minutes late, but sending a goofy exchange (RST,
name, #) which was puzzling folks. Finally got that fixed.

Thereafter, conditions seemed really good on 40m.  Had a good run. BUT THEN,
with 5 minutes left, the Internet router at the remote site incurred a reset for
some unknown reason, disconnecting me in the middle of working W9CC (sorry
Larry)!

A real Keystone-Cops affair, but still lots of fun! :-)

More at http://n7dx.tonygarland.com