[3830] FlQP N2CU(@N2CU/M) SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 25 18:57:39 EDT 2021

                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU/M

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 7:20

   40:   22      0
   20:  101     36
--------------------
Total:  123     36  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 42,300

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Once again, operating mobile due to having no home station. Mobile is fun when
it works, not so much when it doesn't. Competing with fixed stations while
trying to work Florida (especially mobiles) can get frustrating really fast.
However, breaking some pileups helped bring the enthusiasm up a notch. Strange
how some weak stations come right back and loud ones CQ in your face. Murphy
struck on Saturday evening just as 40m was opening up. My laptop needed charging
and my DC-AC inverter decided it was time to crap out. Tried logging on paper
but after giving out a few dupes I called it quits. Sunday afternoon the laptop
was fully charged and I gave it a shot. The last hour on 20m the signals really
picked up but the pileups on the mobiles were too intense to get through, for
the most part. Thanks to the mobiles/rovers for keeping things hopping.

K3/100, 20m and 40m hamsticks on a mag mount, center of the roof, N1MM+

73, Tom N2CU/mobile