[3830] FlQP W9QL SOAB(A)Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 26 11:39:55 EDT 2021

                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: Illinois

   40:   39     18
   20:   74     42
--------------------
Total:  113     60  CW Mults = 41  Ph Mults = 41  Total Score = 42,328

Not a good weekend for 100 watts and a wire. The effects of the Geomagnetic
Storm were evident throughout the contest. Only heard about 30% of the spotted
mobiles, noise levels were horrendous. A lot of times someone was 10 over at the
beginning of the contact, then in the noise less than five seconds later.
Listening to the Saturday night pile-ups on 40, especially on the
"shark" stations, was like chasing a rare DX entity. Sunday was a
little better, but I grew tired of calling with no answer and took a break.
Thanks to the W4AN and K4OJ crews, as well as Jim K8MR, for pulling me out of
the noise as may times as they did.

Dave
W9QL