[3830] FlQP K4SBZ SOAB(A)SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 26 13:32:33 EDT 2021

                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: K4SBZ
Operator(s): K4SBZ
Station: K4SBZ

Class: SOAB(A)SSB HP
QTH: FL

   40:          567
   20:          504
--------------------
Total:   0     1071  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 667  Total Score = 71,757

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was the most fun that I have had since last year.

Severe thunderstorms across The Florida-Georgia state line cost 2:45 early in
the contest on Saturday. As the storms approached, the QSN was the worst that I
have ever experienced. The base noise level was an S-8 with constant crashes
over S-9.

I operated on 20 during the day and 40 during the evening. I kept one panadapter
(you get 4 with a Flex-6600) on 15 meters but saw no activity.

Ops were very well behaved compared with many contests. Many thanked me for a
"new one" for Leon County.

I was so tired Saturday night that I was running on "automatic" during
the last hour. The 10 hour/2 day format is excellent. I ran for the entire
contest and was able to maintain a rate of 80-120 throughout. Things didn't slow
down a bit until the last half-hour on Sunday. It's  fun being in one of the
rare counties.

It seemed like there were a lot of dupes on Sunday, especially later in the
day.

I appreciated those Florida ops who spotted me, even though they had worked me
earlier.

I also appreciate the State QSO Party Challenge for bringing out the increased
number of hams.