[3830] FlQP K2DM SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 26 15:15:15 EDT 2021

                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: SUM

--------------------
Total:  413    204  CW Mults = 53  Ph Mults = 39  Total Score = 94,208

Club: The Villages Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

I operated 20M for 2.5 hours Saturday at the start of the QSO Party.  I came
back for the start of Sunday and put in about 3 hours total, packaged around
driving to Bob Evans for take out breakfast and visiting a bit with AD4J who is
in town for a couple of weeks.  I wanted to make some 40M CW contacts Sunday,
but the rate was no better than I do in the Wednesday morning CWTs.  Thus, the
break for breakfast.
I had 337 contacts on Saturday, and I set a goal of 600 contacts total.  Made it
with a little to spare.
After I stopped working the QSO Party on Sunday, I fired up the spotting network
to see if I could hear N4FP and K2PS.  There was a HUGE pileup on their
announced frequency, but I couldn't hear a whisper from them.  It just ain't
fair -- 100W to a Hustler whip = HUGE pileup, but 1000W to 3-elements at 60 feet
= maybe a few callers at a time.
Congrats to Wayne and Pete for another outstanding effort and accomplishment.
George, K2DM