[3830] FlQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 27 16:42:49 EDT 2021

                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs):

--------------------
Total:  309     0  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 40,788

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Well, after last year during Covid lockdown the mobiles are back this year.
Compared to last year propagation was poor both Saturday and Sunday.
I felt like running QRP, moved outside to see if the beam is still there
and pointing into the right direction.
It must have been pretty good propagation inside USA. Every QSO was a battle
fighting against lot of US callers.
Most stations I had to call several dozen times and often I did not make it
until the US pileup had thinned out.
Saturday evening 20m propagation increased but the band closed 30 minutes before
40m was open. 40m situation was not much better than 20 and only using a simple
vertical loop did not help much. I hope that the beam will be back on the tower
soon.
After US sunset 40m closed and all Florida stations became pretty weak.
Sunday was not much better. Most Florida stations were again weak on 20.
15m was non-existant however I checked several times.
It became even more worse when 20m closed at my sunset for about 3 hours.
Later on the band came back to life and surprizingly the first stations to hear
where the most western Florida stations.
I missed my chance to work a sweep when I was unable to break the pileup to
Taylor on Saturday and was out of propagation when AD4EB passed it on Sunday.
Nevertheless it was an interesting party and even I had to call several thousand
times during this 20 hours of activity I wonder that I jumped over the 300 CW
QSOs finally.
Despite the bad propagation real good activity and lot of mobiles to hunt so it
never got boring. Thanks to all of the organizers and partizipants beeing
involved for a great party
Dietmar