[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 5 22:28:12 EDT 2021

                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Aug 6

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .4
Remote Operation

   40:  18      7
   20:   4      3
   15:   0      0
Total:  22     20  Total Score = 440

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ouch! Terrible problems at the start. Couldn't connect to radio,
couldn't get logger to connect, something wrong with panadapter,...
I finally restarted computer, patiently started everything again,
and it still didn't work.  Finally, I recalled the secret "Station
Name"
box in Writelog that K6TD and I had been using earlier today testing
Flex MultiFlex, and after changing it around to something new, I
finally got things connected.

I was so frazzled by then, I decided to start on 15m. Some strong
FT8 signals, but no RTTY... then I saw the time and how late I was
and kicked myself up to 20m, where only a few weak signals, but
I tried. I finally said "This isn't me, its terrible propagation, so
better try 40m." Hooray! 40m was humming with at least 4 loud
signals, so I could make some Qs. Wow, the Californians had
high numbers already!  I had my antenna pointed wrong for
CA when trying to get K7TQ or N3QE, but I weaved and
wobbled and ran up the numbers.

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

15m, 20m: 3 element yagi at 72 feet
40m: 2 element yagi at 72 feet
Flex-6600 at 5 watts
RemoteHamRadio.com, Writelog, MMTTY and 2Tone