[3830] NAQP CW VE9AA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 7 23:09:30 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 3:53

  160:    1     1
   15:   10     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  256    98  Total Score = 25,088

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team: The MCC Boys

Comments:

About normal for my August participation. Thanks to Dave, VE9CB for joining the
small team 'The MCC Boys' to represent the Maritime Contest Club.

Too much going on here in our short summers to make a big effort.

10m was non existent.
15m was on life support.
20m signals barely moved the S-meter early on, but later, W5, 6, 7 reasonable.
40m was noisy and signals unremarkable.
80m was very noisy and signals 'meh'
160m You're kidding, right?

Several T-storms moved through is why all the '?" from me. Sorry about
that.  Crashes even on 20m !

Tried out my new A/C in the shack...even though I didn't have to fight amps or
extreme heat, I think I like it.

Had cut 3" off my desk legs, so it's at a better height for 2KB, 2BSIQ

Now the op needs to practice.

Gross QSOs=256        Dupes=0        Net QSOs=256

Unique callsigns worked = 197

The best 60 minute rate was 85/hour from 0125 to 0224
The best 30 minute rate was 114/hour from 2347 to 0016
The best 10 minute rate was 138/hour from 0002 to 0011

The best 1 minute rates were:
 4 QSOs/minute    2 times.
 3 QSOs/minute   12 times.
 2 QSOs/minute   62 times.
 1 QSOs/minute   88 times.

There were 96 bandchanges and 39 (15.2%) probable 2nd radio QSOs.

The following stations were worked on 6 bands:

VE9CB

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada

(when I\'m SO2R)

2 X Icom IC-7410 and an assortment of arboreal based flexible antennas;

10m - Wire Gnd Plane, raised radials

15m - 5-el wire SVDA or Delta Loop

20m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)  or Delta Loop

40m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

80m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

160m - Wire Inverted L (more like an inverted U or J) (raised radials)

When operating SO2R, a ZS6BKW @ 35feet w/15m add-on dple, only used for
radio 2