[3830] NAQP CW N7DX(@K7RL) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 8 02:29:52 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N7DX
Operator(s): N7DX K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Camano Island, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:    8     3
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 1100   209  Total Score = 229,900

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Things go off to somewhat of a slow start.  Never really felt like rates picked
up like expected. So was somewhat of a tough slog at times.  15 meters was
pretty slow opening up and only had a few short periods where we could run on
that band.  Mostly S&P on 15.

The rotor for the main tower was still out -- so we weren't able to rotate
antennas. But figured it would be OK since the tower was stuck pointing east --
across the states. Or so we thought... until some winds came through earlier in
the day and turned the tower from 90 to about 80 degrees. Somewhat of a bummer
as it made breaking through to some of the weaker U.S. stations difficult,
especially barefoot.

We enjoyed the competition with other M/2 efforts: N3QE, K3AJ, and K0B on
contestscoresonline.com. We gradually clawed our way up from 7th in the online
live scores up to third at the final bell. Congratulations to W2FU and WA60
teams who were in a whole different realm ahead of the rest of us!

As always, we had good fun trading off bands back and forth -- and enjoyed
working all the great ops.  Even if it was tough work most of the way.

73, Tony, N7DX
http://N7DX.TonyGarland.com