[3830] 222Up N2SLO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 8 13:55:01 EDT 2021

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2021

Call: N2SLO
Operator(s): N2SLO
Station: N2SLO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:   9  Total Score = 1,156

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Team:

Comments:

I decided to try and get on 432 for this contest. Station has been frustrating
lately due to no movement on antennas on roof, and now amplifier issues. I was
able to get on 432, set up my K1FO 15 on a Rohn 5 foot tripod, and about 10 feet
of mast with a radio shack rotor on my outside deck. I also mounted my mast
mounted pre-amp, and put the TE systems amp in line. Expectations were about
ZERO, thought I could work 2-3 stations. I worked 9 stations, the highlight was
N1JEZ up in FN44 447KM away from FN30JT (Thanks Mike. That is amazing,
considering the height and set up. But of course on Sunday it rained so
conditions lousy, and the rotor locked in the NE position so I missed all
stations west and southwest. I am motivated to get these antennas up on roof,
but I will take what I can get for now.