[3830] NAQP CW NJ8J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 8 15:27:36 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:55

   15:    6     6
Total:  401   122  Total Score = 48,922

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#3

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
Logger: N1MM+

A new high score for me for NAQP CW.  A little short on Qs compared to the
January NAQP CW, but more mults.

I did an RBN check before the contest, and actually got more spots on 15 than on
20, but I never did see a whole lot of activity on 15.  Every so often in the
afternoon, I'd check on 15 and maybe find a station or two on thd band.  I tried
to run on 15, but didn't get much response.

20 started out rather sluggish (not surprising for no sunspots and SFI of 73),
but I was able to keep up a fairly decent S&P rate, I think mostly because
with 15 not that active, everyone was packed into 20.  A local thunderstorm
chased me off about 2100Z, so I took a long break to eat.

Got back about 2224, swept 20 and 40 for a few hours, then 40 and 80 until the
end.  Fit 11Q runs in on 20 and 80, and a 22Q run on 40.