[3830] 222Up N6ZE/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 10 00:15:01 EDT 2021

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2021

Call: N6ZE/R
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Rover LP
QTH: DM04

  1.2:   2
  2.3:   1
  3.4:   1
  5.7:   1
  10G:   0
  24G:   0
------------
Total:  33  Total Score = 2,066

Club: VENTURA COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY

Team:

Comments:

Interesting Contest:
Imagine: I got to sign as /R and operated in only 1 grid!
All operating was within Ventura County, CA
A Special thanks to WA6EJO for encouragement & loan of his HackRF
One Portapack to use for 2.3, 3.4, & 5.7 GHz.
I did some operating from walk-up Tarantula Hill in Thousand Oaks &
 also from my pickup truck in various places also.
I used ALINCO handhelds with whips for 135, 70, 33, & 23 cm and also
used higher power rigs with whips for 135 cm & 70 cm when mobiling.
Only 1 state worked with best DX to DM12 on 135cm
Lots of Ventura Co. ham radio club members did 'get on the air' to
participate in the fun. VCARS, CVARC, SSARC, K6MEP + SBMS & PNWVHFS
were all worked by me at various times.
Craziest Event: after departing my walk-up Tarantula Hill hilltop location,
N7WLC got on air when I was near bottom of hill and RF view to him was
completely blocked by the hill; While enroute as /M to another location we made
partial contact when the battery on 902 handheld went dry; I had to stop vehicle
and dig up another battery from another handheld which was in a daypack on truck
bed. Yes, we did complete QSOs on 3 bands.
A Minor Complaint: I still have to sort out all of the junk I brought along for
Roving in a vehicle and on hills. No contesting for me for me until 11September.