[3830] NAQP SSB W5WZ M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 22 09:10:06 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W5WZ
Operator(s): W5WZ WM5H KI5OYN
Station: W5WZ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:39

  160:    0     0
   15:    3     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  688   111  Total Score = 76,368

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Once again Bobby WM5H and I teamed up for an NAQP contest.  Glad to have KI5OYN
join us again!  Local weather was not going to be an issue - no thunderstorms in
area for the first time in recent memory for the August contest.  We anticipated
a great contest, and hopes were high for some activity on 10 and 15 meters.
Nope - 4 total QSOs on 10 & 15.  And 20 meters - what happened?  20 meters
never generated rates like the past dozen runnings of NAQP SSB. Many of the
"regular" strong signals were not present.  40 and 80 were very noisy.
 160 - we only heard NN1L, and could not work him.  By 0230, our rates were so
low and with the noise on 40 and 80 we were not having fun anymore and pulled
the plug.