[3830] NAQP SSB N5ZO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 22 12:35:40 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca

  160:   12     5
   15:    5     5
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  972   156  Total Score = 151,632

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Comments:

That was quite different from CW weekend.  15 was absent and even 40 which is
usually very good for me did not work that well from here.  I'm not big fan of
LP SSB and low bands are always hard with that combination.  Lots of time was
then spent on 20 which seemed to be struggle from most other parts of the
country but was quite good from here.  Also we had small drizzle whole night and
morning continuing still when contest was already going (quite unusual for this
time of the year), so things were wet and usual powerline noise was down.  But
atmospheric noise was back on low bands then later, and especially 80 and 160
were very hard for hearing.  Some 15 would have made huge difference from West
coast but it wasn't meant to be.  Tnx for QSOs de Marko