[3830] NAQP SSB WQ6X(@W7AYT) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 23 01:57:22 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 6:16

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      1
   40:  23      9
   20:   6      4
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  37     14  Total Score = 518

Club:

Team: SCCC

Comments:

This was another disappointing NAQP from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
In between a pair of 2-hour OP stints with the NX6T crew in Anza,
and some time spent in the SARTG RTTY GiG I attempted to make NAQP
work, with POOR results.  After zero-results in calling CQ on 10-meters,
moving down to 20, I managed to work KH6ZM (as it turns out) using the
3-el 10-meter Long John yagi.  Switching to the CH-250 vertical didn't
help much.  Altho the A/K Indexes were low, the bands were INCREDIBLY
NOISY.  CQ Calls on 160 went nowhere and 80-meters wasn't much better.
While the FT-1000mp ran well, it just wasn't enough.
LooK for a write up on all this at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.