[3830] WWDigi K6KM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 29 11:07:49 EDT 2021

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2021

Call: K6KM
Operator(s): K6KM
Station: K6KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

  160:    2     2
   80:   10     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  385   101  Total Score = 83,533

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ran from my modest station: IC7300+AV680+KPA500. This is one of the few contests
I can run from an RFI flooded station, and doesn't even hurt my ears. Thanks to
K6OK who shared important tips with our Club on how to strategize for this
contest, which is very different from others. I personally have a very
restrictive 80m antenna (Won't take power too long) and a homebrew 160m helical
(gain -10dB). So at night, I kept working 40m but then I switched to 20m, where
my station has its strength and kept working JA, ZL, VK getting more mults and
higher points. EU was non existent here.
You work on your strengths and avoid weaknesses, but above all, don't waste
time. I added my call sign to contest online scores under pressure from friends.
It keeps your butt on the chair, let me tell you... :-)
Thanks for the QSOs! Oh, by the way, I tried to get all the HI I could and will
be sending the log to that QSO party.