[3830] KsQP K5KG Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 29 23:37:23 EDT 2021

                    Kansas QSO Party - 2021

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG K4EU K4NMR
Station: K5KG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 16:55

   80:   19      0      0
   40:   98     43      0
   20:  176    121      0
   15:   18      9      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  311    173      0  Mults = 98  Total Score = 116,719

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We want to give a big thanks to Bob, W0BH for organizing the KSQP and to all the
KS stations that were active this weekend.  And a special thanks to the mobiles,
portables and rovers who made the chase hugely fun!  The 1x1 call signs were
terrific, and we will be looking forward to the results of the spelling bees.

I want to give a special thanks to my operators, Steve, K4EU, and Tom, K4NMR who
did a great deal of the heavy lifting this weekend.  Steve put in a grueling
12-hour BIS grind on Saturday, and Tom, did a fantastic job of digging out rare
mults during his Sunday shift.

Although, we gave this operation our best shot, were disappointed to have missed
a county sweep.  We missed HAM, HAS, HPR, REP, TRE, WAS, and WIC.  At this
point, we don't know if all counties were activated.  But, assuming they were,
they could have been missed during the daytime hours on 40m when  poor to
nonexistent propagation was for several hours both days.  For many hours, only
20m was open to us.  Additionally, 15m was only open on Saturday for a few
hours, and none on Sunday. On Saturday, we shut down for a short time due to a
thunderstorm. 80m with heavy QRN offered up a hand full of CW QSOs, but nothing
on SSB.

Station
K3 + KPA1500

K3 + Acom 700S + LDG Autotuner - on loan from K4NMR

Triband Yagi @ 60 ft

VA6AM Triplexer and HP BP filters

40m Yagi @ 75 ft

73, George, K5KG