[3830] ARRL 160 K9CT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 08:36:51 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 1519  Sections = 83  Countries = 39  Total Score = 409,432

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First 24 hours was fast and fun but it got slow on day 2. Missed NT. Last
section worked was VE4 who called me and then I worked another shortly
afterward.

Conditions were just ok. I think CQ WW conditions were better on TB. It seemed
tough to work DX who were mostly at the noise. There was some weather that moved
into the region that raised the noise floor on the second day. I had electrical
pops in the last couple of hours from clouds passing over the TX antenna.

Best rates were in the first seven hours. We didn't get the lift again on the
second day. Anywhere from 10 to 60 per hour after the initial blast. Conditions
and participation were definitely better in 2020 as my score is considerably
lower this year.

This is a great CW contest! Easy to find a spot and stay busy.

My station is a FlexRadio 6600 with the PGXL amplifier. I am able to do SO2R
with my RX antennas. This keeps me busy chasing multipliers and interleaving
QSOs.

73, Craig K9CT