[3830] ARRL 160 K3STX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 11:41:06 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 529  Sections = 66  Countries = 22  Total Score = 93,912

I put up my 160M inverted L into a new tree at new QTH; managed to get over 80
feet vertical, so I was happy. Not enough radials, something to work on.

As I was sitting down at rig for second night I was at 375Q and 21 countries. I
was pleased, my best showing ever was 700 Q so I was feeling good.

Until I put on my headphones; QRN/lightning static all night made the second
night miserable even with my nice "quiet" pennant to EU. Managed only
1 more EU country second night and not many QSOs. Very frustrating. But now I
know what I need to do for the CQ contest; maybe get a directional K9AY and
maybe even more power; I never got over 400W with my AL-811.

Thanks to all.

Paul