[3830] ARRL 160 N4XD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 11:56:40 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 1206  Sections = 81  Countries = 37  Total Score = 325,377

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

Obviously Friday/ Saturday morning much quieter than Sat night/ Sunday morning.
The QRN, along with deep and rapid QSB, I think accounts for what seems like a
pretty high rate of dupes. I count 42 in my log.

I was pretty happy with my first 5 hours of rates (averaging 100 per hour) until
I read my neighbor. N1LN's, report. I have to figure out how to get rates that
high! Amazing and well done Bruce!

Some radio issues to sort. Having open source code for the radio is both a plus
and minus. This contest taught me to be very certain to check several key
variables some of which, in my opinion, shouldn't be available to change. Lesson
learned.

Was very impressed with the level of activity. Looked like 20 meters with cw all
the way up to the 1870s!WOW. And seemed like quite a bit of activity from DX
too. Pleasantly surprised by that given they can't work each other.

No JA's this contest but did get called by Dennis, ZL1AZ, for the only contact
from that part of the world. some day I'll log both VK/ ZL and JA in one of
these contests.

As usual pretty fun contest. Avery good test of the station. Did find some
weaknesses so a little work to do.

ARRL, thanks for sponsoring the contest. Was great to work W1AW.

Equipment:
Anan 7000dle
Phased towers
Alpha 91b