[3830] ARRL 160 W4PK SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 12:30:11 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:07

Total:  QSOs = 300  Sections = 73  Countries = 14  Total Score = 47,085

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

At the start of the contest I ran into a MAJOR problem with N1MM+!  It kept
giving me error messages, one of which was that my database was
"malformed"!  I next tried to restore N1MM+ to an earlier time which I
knew to have worked but it kept doing the same thing.  Then I downloaded the
full install version and then an update for which date I do remember worked.
But that didn't work so I changed my hard drive for one that I had cloned a
couple of months ago. But I still got the same multitude of errors!

I finally solved it by downloading the free SQLite Expert Personal 5, which
allows one to analyze problems but not make any changes to the database,which
was w4pk.s3db. But when I opened it , could fine nothing wrong, closed it,
restarted N1MM+, and then everything started working again!  I am clueless as to
 what happened and I am still in the process of reinstalling my other programs
(dx4win, Outlook email program, and Visio drawings) to bring them all up to
date. And after I get that done then I will once again going to clone that hard
drive...

So it was over 24 hours since the contest started before I got it working and it
was all S&P for me Saturday night.  I got up at 5:00AM Sunday morning
expecting to at least to hear some JA stations but I struggled to even hear the
stations in CA and WA.  I also tried to run a bit and for this CW-challenged
operator I did manage a one-hour rate of 99.

And, I am a happy camper that I was able to fix my database problem!!!

73, Sam W4PK